I'm Back!

Been more than 6 years away since the last post. What happened?!!!

One of the dearest person in my life, whom is also the inspiration to all these writings, was my grandfather; my Ah Gong.
(Managed to retrieve a video of ah gong from my old blog. Here's the Ah Gong I love)



I was pregnant in year 2009. Six months after the birth of my firstborn, my precious Ah Gong passed away. Devastated, I couldn't continue to this blog anymore.

Today, many things have changed. I've learnt to reflect a lot on life, mature as a person, and busy being a mom of 2. Life experiences shaped me with bitterness and sweet, and my expectation has grown so much and so different through these 6 years.

The past years, I was exposed to finer delicacies and my taste bud has grown better. Of course, it doesn't mean that it made me a much better cook than before, but I'm a wiser eater now. My preferences for food have also changed. I used to dislike onions, bitter gourd, and raw food like salmon. But now, onions are my favourite, I begin to appreciate Salmon belly and Tako, and I'll also go with dishes that has bitter gourd. (My life partner has a major influence on this, haha!)

However, I may have deteriorated with words as I could not produce creative thoughts like before or writing with a punch. Perhaps the enthusiasm as compared to what was initiated is different. Probably I just feel that I want to keep this blog, to keep it going, and penned down my life and food journey with my family.

Oh, and nowadays there are more mouths to feed, more kids' stuffs to meddle with, and more opinions sighted. These days our home are filled with all things sweet. Just last evening, we made ice cream. I have a few bottles of leftover fresh milk brought back from my bubble tea shop that's going to be closed for operation in May. (Yah, 4 years of long story on that) And I was toying with the idea of making cake or ice cream with the milk, don't waste it since I have almost all the ready ingredients at home.

So, here are my beautiful children!


Well, I did a no-frills recipe since I have no ice cream maker.
I did not add raw eggs in it as my kids are going to consume (casual thoughts about contamination, bacteria and all), but I did a research and heard it may taste better, so I'm going to try adding it the next time round.

And here's the ice cream recipe:

Ingredients:
1 cup (245 grams) of whole milk
2 cups (230 grams) of heavy cream
3/4 cups (150 grams) of granulated sugar (I did mine at 100grams for the kids, lesser sugar) 
Pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder (optional for chocolate ice-cream)

Method:
1. Combine milk, sugar and salt in a bowl. Whisk until combined and dissolved.
2. Stir in heavy cream.
3. Add vanilla extract and whisk.
4. (Optional) Add 1 or 2 tablespoonful of cocoa powder or more (adjust according to your preference), for chocolate ice-cream and whisk until dissolved.
5. Pour into popsicle/ice-cream mould, cups or freezer proof mixture container.
6. After an hour, check and stir the mixture to break up any frozen sections. Do it after every 30 mins for 3-4 times. (It will prevent crystals from forming in ice-cream instead of the soft creamy mixture)
7.Freeze overnight.

Enjoy!

Best regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...